ABBYY Lingvo х6 is a dictionary application with the largest up-to-date dictionary base in 19 languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Greek, Finnish, Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Kazakh, Tatar, Polish, Hungarian, Danish, Norwegian, Latin and Russian. The 220 general, specialized encyclopedic and explanatory dictionaries featured in Lingvo are the most trusted and up-to-date publications in their respective areas.
ABBYY Lingvo is a great tool for learning new languages. Entries contain a lot of useful information, including multiple translations, usage examples, phonetic transcriptions, accents, and inflected forms. Lingvo even includes Lingvo Tutor Words, an application that helps you memorize new words and phrases by completing various exercises.
Advantages of ABBYY Lingvo
- 19 languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Greek, Finnish, Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Kazakh, Tatar, Polish, Hungarian, Danish, Norwegian, Latin and Russian
- 226 dictionaries with over 10.2 million entries
- Detailed entries with many translations, usage examples, synonyms and phonetic transcriptions
- Explanatory dictionaries from world-renowned publishers: Oxford Dictionary of English and Collins Cobuild Advanced Learner’s Dictionary
- Listen to pronunciations of 10000 German words, 5000 French words and 10000 Spanish words by native speakers as well as 15000 English words with pronunciations by both British and American speakers.
More on pronunciations
- Phrasebooks with recorded pronunciations for 6 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Chinese.
More on phrasebooks
- ABBYY Tutor helps learn new languages
More on learning languages
- Pop-up translations for words in text documents and images
More on pop-up translations
- Examples from existing translations where the word you’re looking for has been translated according to its meaning in a particular context.
More on examples from existing translations Lingvo Online website
Translate words into 19 languages
Translate from English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Greek, Finnish, Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Kazakh, Tatar, Polish, Hungarian, Danish, Norwegian and Latin into Russian and back.
New transparent interface
Get meanings of words in seconds via the new interface. The window with entries now has its own search bar, which works just like that one of popular search engines: it offers autocompletion suggestions when you misspell a word.
Take advantage of general translation and specialized dictionaries, phrasebooks and dictionaries of phraseology and slang in 19 languages. Get translations of words, synonyms, and antonyms, and grasp meanings of idioms and set expressions. Usage examples will help you choose the best translation option.
ABBYY Lingvo also contains the Oxford Dictionary of English and the Collins Cobuild Advanced Learners Dictionary with up-to-date English vocabulary.
Get the correct translation of industry-specific terms by looking up specialized dictionaries of law, economics, finances, marketing, banking, business, mechanical engineering, construction and architecture, oil and gas, chemistry, medicine, biology and other areas.